Pages

Tuesday, July 6

My Hair Regimen


Hey everyone! I have been natural for 19 months and tried sooo many products just to find out what works best. So below I have listed a brief list of my hair regimen thus far. What I do to detangle, wash, deep condition, seal, etc.
DETANGLE
1. Spritz water all over my hair
2. Use two pea size amounts of World of Curls Curl Activator and spread evenly throughout my hair.
3. Gently separate my hair into 4 sections and then detangle from the ends to the roots with a wide tooth comb.
**The Worlds of Curl makes it ALOT easier for me to comb through my hair
WASH
1. With my hair now in 4 sections I shampoo each section with Burt Bee's Baby Fragrance Free Shampoo.
**Prior to this shampoo, I used Creme of Nature Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo but I found that it gave my hair this dry, brittle feeling afterwards (sulfates). And the Burt Bee's shampoo is ultra light so depending on how thick your hair is its best to separate it into sections. Otherwise, your scalp may be left with a good amount of build up.
DEEP CONDITION (Protein)
-1 egg white
-2 tbsp. of olive oil
-3 tbsp of Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Dryness Reversal Treatment
1. Combine all of these ingredients in a bowl.
2. Mix until it’s a creamy consistency.
3. Distribute evenly throughout hair and put on a shower cap.
**I let this stay on for 2 or 3 hours and then rinse with cool water.
STYLING
1. Spritz my hair with a combination of water, VO5 Moisture Milks Conditioner, and a drop of glycerin.
2. I then 2 strand twist each section with Dr. Miracle's Intensive Spot Serum.
That’s about it for my regimen. At times I switch it up and use the Giovanni products and Infusium 23 (just depends on what my hair needs).



No comments:

Post a Comment