Pages

Tuesday, January 10

Outre Velvet Remi Natural Yaki Final review

Have mercy! I've had this hair in for 2 months now and it's time for it to go! I must say it was nice in the beginning but as time went on it started shedding like crazy. Before I go off on a tangent, let me break it down:


Installed: Love the texture and how well it blends with my natural hair. It has a more thicker texture than the regular yaki. Instead of using a curling iron, I use flexi-rods which work really well. By the time I get home from work, I still have some bounce going on.


1 month: The texture started to fall a little flat. I was still able to get a nice curl with flexi rods. It started to shed but wasn't that bad because I always kept it curled (less brushing). After washing it, the texture came back but it didn't look as nice as before.

2 months: The hair holds a nice curl with flexi-rods BUT they look frizzy and start to tangle. So I started to wear it straight more often which resulted in a lot of shedding (more brushing).

Would I buy this hair again? Yes, the only real problem I had was shedding. Next time I buy it, I'll seal the wefts before installing.

Next brand to try? Indique. I've been talking about it forever but I want to see what all the rave is about. It is a bit pricey BUT they actually give you two extra inches. For example, their 10in is actually 12in, 14in is 16in, etc. I'm going to try the natural roots in 10in which is $189 for 4oz. Hopefully I can find some kind of discount.

No comments:

Post a Comment