Pages

Monday, June 2

Impromptu Trip to MAC

While shopping the streets of Soho this past weekend, my bestie and I decided to pop into the MAC store. She was looking for the perfect nude lip to match her skin tone and as a woman of color, this could be a severe hit or miss. After looking at a few colors, we were approached by an artist who asked if we needed any help. We said yes and before you knew it, we walked out of there with not only the perfect nude lipstick for both of us, but also what foundation to use and how to get the best smokey eye.

I know these pictures have a glare but this was the end result of my impromptu makeup lesson. She used the following products on me:

FACE
Prep + Prime Natural Radiance in Radiant Pink
Pro Longwear Compact Foundation in NC50
Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark Deepest
Powder Blush in Ambering Rose

EYEBROWS
Pro Longwear Waterproof Brow Set in Brown Ebony
Studio Conceal and Correct Palette in Dark (she used NC 45 on the bottom & nc50 on the top)

EYES
Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline
Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark Deepest (in crease)

LIPS
Lip pencil in Cork
Lipstick in Cherish
Tinted Lipglass in Viva Glam V

Of course, I bought all three lip products, the foundation and brow set. As a disclaimer, the Pro Longwear foundation comes out really light and a bit on the ashy side. I noticed this looked two shades lighter than the NC 50 Studio Fix Fluid I usually wear. With that said, you HAVE to use a darker powder to set it.

I was amazed by the smokey eye she did! After putting the kohl eye pencil all over my lid, she buffed it out and put the skinfinish in my crease. That took at most 60 seconds. It is amazing what little tricks you can learn from people who truly know their craft.

Have you had a similar makeup experience? What are your favorite MAC products?




No comments:

Post a Comment