Pages

Friday, June 18

Loving yourself

 
 
We come in all shapes and sizes. Tall, short, skinny, fat, round, flat, etc...

I was reading the July 2010 issue of Essence magazine and Jada Pinkett Smith was on the cover dressed in nothing but her skin. In the article that was written about her, she mentioned how we need to embrace ourselves and not care what others may think of us. After, I read this I sat and reflected on what she was talking about and it's so true. Here in America we live in a society where we are constantly judged by the way that we look. So many people are worried about making sure their appearance is acceptable in other people's eyes. When all that should matter is learning how to accept yourself. And I mean, to be honest, I at times look at other females and say what if I had longer hair like her or what if I were a couple inches taller. But then I realize that God made us all differently in his own image. So, why worry about what they have that I don't have?

No comments:

Post a Comment