Pages

Monday, October 31

ESSENCE November 2011 Issue: Idris Elba


Its been a crazzzzy week so I haven't had the opportunity to post at all. I finally had the chance to read the Idris Elba article in the November issue of Essence magazine. I have to say this man is handsome, a fighter and such an inspiration to many African Americans. In this article, he touched on how racism plays a part in England.



"Put me in a white tee and drop me in Brixton, and I'm any other bloke.
I'll be treated like a `hoodie` not a star." 



Which is interesting. Many people think that if you live anywhere besides America, racism doesn't exist. It's prevalent no matter where you go. He also touched on how he started his career going to casting auditions by day and spinning records as a DJ by night. I say in this world, hard work and perseverance will drive you to your destination. You can see that his success has proven the latter. Check out the article if you have a chance! It's definitely a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment